LOCATION AND TIME
Life Point Church is located at 2121 Corporate Square Blvd., Suite 210, Jacksonville, FL 32216. We are near the intersection of Atlantic and Southside Blvd. in the Corporate Square Business Park. The Corporate Square Business Park is located approximately 1 mile directly behind IHOP Restaurant.
Our Sunday Celebration Worship Service begins promptly at 10am and lasts until approximately 11:30am.
We do not ascribe to wearing “church clothes.” Dress casually and comfortable. God is more concerned with the fact that you chose to worship Him corporately than He is with the style of your clothes.
We hope that you will be blessed by this snippet of our worship service and will worship with us soon. We unashamedly love to praise and worship our God. No theatrics, just authenticity.
LIFE POINT KIDZ
Life Point Kidz is a children’s ministry uniquely designed with your child in mind! Kids, ages 2-11 experience safe, age-appropriate environments, using the latest technology, where the Bible is taught in a creative and relevant way. Allow your kids to join the fun and experience a world where kids meet Jesus on their level!
We promise that not only will your kids learn but they will have a blast!
All of our adult Life Point Kidz Team Members are screened and background checked when they begin serving with us.
Life Point Kidz meet every Sunday during our weekend service.
WHO WE ARE
Every church needs a purpose statement that answers the question, “Why do we exist?” At Life Point Church, we filter every idea, program, and ministry through our purpose statement. If what we plan doesn’t help us to meet our purpose, then we don’t do it!
Our purpose is to lead people to, “Live In Fullness Everyday.” We do that by teaching them to “Belong” to Jesus Christ, “Grow” in Jesus Christ, and “Share” Jesus Christ.
Our statement of purpose is based on the mission statement of Jesus Christ, “…I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” ~John 10:10~
Our Vision is to: “Connect Christ To The Community & Connect The Community To Christ.”
We are endeavoring to provide a facility, by 2020, that individuals, their families, and their friends can visit every day and worship, learn, have fun, and connect with each other and God.
The facility will contain a worship center, a multi-purpose area, a café, a small viewing theater, a computer lab, a fitness facility, an outdoor swimming pool, basketball court, and picnic area. Phase II will contain a ten-unit apartment complex for seniors.
We want to connect the community with Christ in every way, every day!
- About God: We believe in one God who is the creator and sustainer of the universe. We believe God exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity (son of God) who became flesh to reveal God to man and to become the Savior of the lost world. (Genesis 1:1,26,27; Matthew 28:19)
- About Scripture: We believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that men were moved by the Spirit of God to write the very words of scripture. Therefore, we believe the Bible is without error. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- About Salvation: We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, salvation occurs only when people place their faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufficient payment for their sin. (John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10)
- About Eternal Security: Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is therefore, the grace and keeping power of God that gives this security. (John 10:29; 2 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25, 10:10-14; 1 Peter 1:3-5; Romans 11:29)
- About Baptism: We believe that baptism illustrates Christ’s burial and resurrection. By our baptism then, we are symbolically buried with Him and raised with Him. Therefore, we believe in total immersion. (Colossians 2:12; Mark 1:9)
- The Lord’s Supper: We believe that the Lord’s Supper should be observed as an act of remembrance of Christ, receiving strength from Him and rededicating ourselves to His cause. (Luke 22:19-20)
- About the Church: We believe that the Church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The members of the Church are those who have trusted by faith the finished work of Christ. The purpose of the Church is to glorify God by loving Him and by making Him known to the lost world. (Matthew 16:18; Colossians 1:18)
- About Man: Man was created in the image of God. We reflect the creator and have our being in Him. God created all things good including humans, but we chose rebellion, which broke peace between God, ourselves, others, and all of creation. We live as people in need of God’s Grace, which is found only in Jesus. (Genesis 1,3, Romans 1-3)
- God’s Will For Provision: It is the Father’s will for believers to become whole, healthy and successful in all areas of life:
- Spiritual (John 3:3-11; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; Romans 10:9-10)
- Mental and Emotional (2 Timothy 1:7, 2:11; Philippians 4:7-8; Romans 12:2; Isaiah 26:3)
- Physical (Isaiah 53:4-4; Matthew 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24)
- Financial (Joshua1:8; Malachi 3:10-11; 2 Corinthians 9:6-10; Deuteronomy 28:1-14; Psalm 34:10, Psalm 84:11; Philippians 4:19)
Lena Thompson is the Lead Pastor of Life Point Church. Pastor Thompson previously served as the Pastor of Administration at The Sanctuary at Mt. Calvary under the leadership of her pastor, Dr. John Allen Newman.
Pastor Thompson thrives on helping people reach their full potential in Christ and taking the limits off their life. She teaches and preaches, with passion, Bible-based messages that are easily understood, connecting your life with the Word of God; and they are thought-provoking and life-changing.
You can contact Pastor Thompson at: email@example.com or connect with her on social media.
You may be asking, “Now that I’ve made the life-altering decision to follow Christ, what now?
The next step for you is to be baptized. Water baptism is an outward expression of an inward decision to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
To sign up for our next day of baptism or if you have questions about baptism, please send us a message at “CONTACT US” on this website.
DISCOVER LIFE POINT
Discover Life Point Church is designed:
- to take you behind the curtain and show you where Life Point Church is and where we’re going
- to help you determine if Life Point Church is really a church where you want to be connected and committed to fulfilling the purpose and vision of this church
- for you to learn about our purpose for existing, our core values, our strategy, our beliefs, and our vision
- to help you to understand what you can expect from Life Point Church and what Life Point expects from you as a member
All new members are required to attend Discover Life Point Church.
Discover Life Point Church is held bi-monthly on the third Sunday immediately following morning worship. Please contact us if you are interested in attending Discover Life Point Church.
We are interested, not only in your salvation, but your spiritual growth as well. We use the Disciples Path, a teaching resource founded on Jesus’ model of discipleship. It offers an intentional pathway for transformational discipleship and a way to help followers of Christ move from new disciples to mature disciple-makers.
Disciples Path is taught online as well as at Life Point Church. Dates and times will be listed on our website and our social media network.
LIFE POINT NEWS
WHY WE GIVE
Money and church can be a touchy issue-but it doesn’t have to be. We don’t give because God needs our money, and we don’t give because the church needs our money. It’s much bigger than that. We give because God asked us to, and following through shows that we trust Him.
God knows that your loyalty is found where your money is (Matthew 6:19-21). And because God wants to be first in our lives, He asks us to trust Him with our money.
For Christians, tithing (a word meaning ‘tenth’) is the starting point. Tithing is giving the first 10% of our income back to the local church. If you call Life Point Church your church home, we encourage you to give in obedience to God’s Word, knowing that your money is being used to support the mission of Jesus Christ.
At Life Point Church, we never beg or attempt to “guilt” you into giving; we firmly believe that believers are not beggars and we honor the fact that the Lord loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7-8).
If you’d like to read more about what the Bible says about money, we recommend these passages:
Matthew 6:19-21, Leviticus 27:30, 1 Chronicles 29:11-12, Psalm 24:1, Proverbs 3:9-10, Malachi 3:6-10, and 1 Corinthians 16:1-2.